From: Nobody on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:29:42 -0400, Brandon McGinty wrote:

> Both subprocess and os.popen* only allow inputput and output one time,
> and the output to be read only when the process terminates.

This is incorrect; you can read from and write to the pipe as you wish.
However: you may have problems if the child process buffers its output,
which is the default behaviour for stdout when it isn't associated with a
tty.

On Unix, you can get around this issue using the pty module. I don't know
about Windows; look into what "expect" uses.