From: Rem5 on
When I connect F2812 XDS510 Emulator to the target board the error
"
Error connecting to the target:
Error 0x80000200/-1037
Fatal Error during: OCS,
PTI_ERR_EMU_CLOSE Error Occured at 0x00000000

Sequence ID: 0
Error Code: -1037
Error Class: 0x80000200
I/O Port = 240

Board Name: F2812 XDS510 Emulator
Cpu Name: CPU_1
"
appear.What does this error mean?

From: Noway2 on
Rem5 wrote:
> When I connect F2812 XDS510 Emulator to the target board the error
> "
> Error connecting to the target:
> Error 0x80000200/-1037
> Fatal Error during: OCS,
> PTI_ERR_EMU_CLOSE Error Occured at 0x00000000
>

> Sequence ID: 0
> Error Code: -1037
> Error Class: 0x80000200
> I/O Port = 240
>
> Board Name: F2812 XDS510 Emulator
> Cpu Name: CPU_1
> "
> appear.What does this error mean?

This error message looks a lot like the one that pops up when you
remove power from the target board when the emulator is still attatched
(and 'connected to target').

First, are you sure that you have the appropriate power applied to both
the target board AND to the emulator pins?

Second, when EXACTLY is this error occuring? You said when you connect
to the target. In what step of the connection process did you mean?
For example, does this occur when you plug the emultor plug into the
target board, when you apply power, when you select 'connect to target'
from the menu, etc.

These next three apply if you are using your own target board rather
than an ezDSP kit:

Third, one thing that comes to mind is the TRST line, which is the
reset line used by the emulator to reset the target application. Did
this line get connected correctly?

Fourth, what about the power up sequencing. There are timing
requirements and an order to which the power supplies must power up.
Are these being met?

Fifth, do you have a proper reset PULSE that is being activated for a
sufficient period of time and then being released? Is the reset
circuit implemented correctly? I recall that there are some comments
about the reset line working in conjunction with the TRST line on the
ezDSP schematic, though I don't know if this is applicable to your
situation or not.

Pages: 1
Prev: DCT & DWT
Next: Help with a aplitude respons?