From: Power User on
Hi,

I am looking to use a c# client to call a stored proc with an xml
parameter. I have my client code and my SP built. The proc works
flawlessly.
What happens next is bizzare.
If I try to call it from C# by constructing an XML document and pass
it to the proc it does not work.
If I take the same proc, re-type the paramater to a varchar(max) then
cast the input parameter into a new parameter
and continue the logic as it was before, it works perfectly.

I do not like the fact that I have to do the conversion from a varchar
(max) to an XML datatype to get thhis to work.
As for example code, I found a complete example of what I had to do
here:

http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2009/09/30/passing-multiple-records-to-a-stored-procedure-in-sql-server.aspx.

Dan had tto do the same thing as I. Does anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks
From: Michael Coles on
Check out the SqlTypes.SqlXml data type constructors. They accept an
XmlReader or Stream directly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqltypes.sqlxml.sqlxml.aspx

--
Thanks

Michael Coles
SQL Server MVP
Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
(http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
----------------

"Power User" <poweruser4net(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to use a c# client to call a stored proc with an xml
> parameter. I have my client code and my SP built. The proc works
> flawlessly.
> What happens next is bizzare.
> If I try to call it from C# by constructing an XML document and pass
> it to the proc it does not work.
> If I take the same proc, re-type the paramater to a varchar(max) then
> cast the input parameter into a new parameter
> and continue the logic as it was before, it works perfectly.
>
> I do not like the fact that I have to do the conversion from a varchar
> (max) to an XML datatype to get thhis to work.
> As for example code, I found a complete example of what I had to do
> here:
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2009/09/30/passing-multiple-records-to-a-stored-procedure-in-sql-server.aspx.
>
> Dan had tto do the same thing as I. Does anyone have any ideas ?
> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: select based on count
Next: Cascading deletion