From: Sridhar Pandurangiah on
Hi

I am trying to read XML files (invoices) from a directory and display
them to the visitor. Each XML file contains several invoices. The
visitor then clicks on the XML file (invoices). My PHP snippet should
open the xml file and locate the appropriate invoice and display the
content.

I have managed to list the directory contents using the following PHP
snippet. The function call below DisplayBill($MemberId, $FileName,
$StyleSheet) should take the memberid (login), the xml file name which
has been clicked and the stylesheet to be used.

I now have the following doubts for which I need clarifications

Architecturally is it necessary the DisplayBill should be a seperate php
file or can it exist as a function in the same file as the code below?

Should the Invoices be displayed as a web form for me to capture the
user click to retrieve the appropriate file and invoice so that I can
display it to the user.

I intend to parse the XML file using XPath (at this stage I am not sure
if php supports Xpath and XQuery!)

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards

Sridhar

<?php
$BillLocation = "/home/cmi/Integration/xml_files";
$StyleSheet = "Bill.xsl";
$DirHandle = opendir($BillLocation);
echo "<table border=\"1\">";
echo "<tr>";
While (($FileName = readdir($DirHandle)) !== false)
{
if ($FileName != "." && $FileName != "..")
{
if (strpos($FileName, "xml") !== false)
{
$BillYear = substr($FileName, 0, 4);
$BillMonth = substr($FileName, 5, 2);
switch ($BillMonth)
{
case "01":
$BillMonth = "January";
break;
case "02":
$BillMonth = "February";
break;
case "03":
$BillMonth = "March";
break;
case "04":
$BillMonth = "April";
break;
case "05":
$BillMonth = "May";
break;
case "06":
$BillMonth = "June";
break;
case "07":
$BillMonth = "July";
break;
case "08":
$BillMonth = "August";
break;
case "09":
$BillMonth = "September";
break;
case "10":
$BillMonth = "October";
break;
case "11":
$BillMonth = "November";
break;
case "12":
$BillMonth = "December";
break;
}
echo "<td>" . "<a href='$FileName'>$BillMonth" . " " .
"$BillYear</a>" . "</td>" . "\n";
echo "</tr>";

}
}
}
echo "</table>";
closedir($DirHandle);

$result = DisplayBill($MemberId, $FileName, $StyleSheet);

Pages: 1
Prev: XML with PHP
Next: Variable in variable.