From: Randylvc on

I am having the same problem. But check this out. I am getting this on
a fresh install... or should I say many fresh installs.

On first run this pc goes into the "you must activate" loop.. a few
problems 1 the nic drivers are not even installed nor the vid drivers..

we got by that on the 3rd reinstall. got all the drivers in play and
called MS who gave us the activation code...

next reboot Poof back to the loop..

repair load is not working, The wpa rename trick not working.. and
check this out. a fresh hard drive not working.....

I tried MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295 fix but the guided
program tells me the actions have already been done..

I'm about out of tricks... followed every step in the above post...

if this was not a clients system it would already be in the parking lot
.. rofl

any new ideas?

From: Alias on
On 06/07/2010 05:24 PM, Randylvc wrote:
> I am having the same problem. But check this out. I am getting this on
> a fresh install... or should I say many fresh installs.
>
> On first run this pc goes into the "you must activate" loop.. a few
> problems 1 the nic drivers are not even installed nor the vid drivers..
>

> we got by that on the 3rd reinstall. got all the drivers in play and
> called MS who gave us the activation code...
>
> next reboot Poof back to the loop..
>
> repair load is not working, The wpa rename trick not working.. and
> check this out. a fresh hard drive not working.....
>
> I tried MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295 fix but the guided
> program tells me the actions have already been done..
>
> I'm about out of tricks... followed every step in the above post...
>
> if this was not a clients system it would already be in the parking lot
> . rofl
>
> any new ideas?

Yeah, convince your client to use Linux. For a newbie, I would suggest
checking this out: http://www.linuxmint.com/

--
Alias
From: Mark Adams on

"Randylvc" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. But check this out. I am getting this on
> a fresh install... or should I say many fresh installs.
>
> On first run this pc goes into the "you must activate" loop.. a few
> problems 1 the nic drivers are not even installed nor the vid drivers..

You must download the drivers from the website of the manufacturer of the
PC. Windows XP doesn't have them.

> we got by that on the 3rd reinstall. got all the drivers in play and

How did you get "all the drivers in play?"

> called MS who gave us the activation code...

Microsoft doesn't give out "activation codes." The Product Key is on a
sticker fixed to the back of the machine, or on the packaging of the XP
install disk.

> next reboot Poof back to the loop..
>
> repair load is not working, The wpa rename trick not working.. and
> check this out. a fresh hard drive not working.....

Obviously some other hardware failure is preventing XP from installing
properly on a brand new hard drive. Take the machine to a good local repair
shop, not one of the major retailers. Once the machine has been repaired, XP
will install just fine.

> I tried MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295 fix but the guided
> program tells me the actions have already been done..

How to clean install XP:

You won't need to bother with the KB article.

> I'm about out of tricks... followed every step in the above post...
>
> if this was not a clients system it would already be in the parking lot
> .. rofl
>
> any new ideas?

See above.