From: Terry on
In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to be very
tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change nothing on PC
configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete? They will only be able to
open IE Browser go to a web page for mail, etc.
From: sgopus on
Change the authority level on the account, make it restricted.

From: Terry on
I need to tighten it down more. is there a way?

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:E0AFF648-2D3A-4C11-A08E-9BD848ED8D39(a)microsoft.com
=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to
> be very tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change
> nothing on PC configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete? They
> will only be able to open IE Browser go to a web page for mail, etc.

I don't know if the specific rights you want to control are there, but
try going to Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Local Security
Policy and look in "User Rights Assignment"

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Jeff Barnett on
Terry wrote:
> In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to be very
> tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change nothing on PC
> configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete? They will only be able to
> open IE Browser go to a web page for mail, etc.
Depending on what you actually want to control, consider creating
"guest" accounts.
--
Jeff Barnett