From: Craig S on
Thanks, Robear. From your clarification on the types of machines having the
problem I went ahead and tried/Installed Successfully KB977165. It's nice to
get this Update out of the way.

If I may impose, a low-expertise friend has Free AVG which you obviously
dislike. What's your current preference in lieu of AVG Free?

All the best! Craig

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Attaboy!

Recommendations (since you asked) include Microsoft Security Essentials
(free), Avira AntiVir (free), NOD32 (not the security suite) & Kaspersky
(not the security suite). Steer well clear of Norton, McAfee, and AVG.