From: HenriK on
Someone once told me about or I read somewhere that there are simple
ways to get XP to:

1) Get rid of the little arrow in Desktop shortcuts; and

2) Get the real, but normally hidden, 'Administrator' log-on button to
show up on the Welcome screen.

I had thought they might be in TweakUI but I didn't find them there.
Does anybody out there remember where this information can be found?

Thanks, in advance, for any pointers or information.
From: Bruce Hagen on

#1: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/arrow.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: John E. Carty on

#2 <http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm>

Line 5 on the right-hand side of the screen :-)

From: Tim Meddick on
1). To get rid of the shortcut arrows :

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile

....and delete the value named : "IsShortcut"

You will need to logoff / logon to see the changes.

To undo this and return the shortcut arrows - reverse the procedure creating a new
value : "IsShortcut"

2). To get the real, but normally hidden, 'Administrator' log-on button to
show up on the Welcome screen :

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to :

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList"

...and (if not already there) create a new DWORD value named : Administrator

Then assign this DWORD value "Administrator" to "1" to "show" or "0" to "hide"

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Ol�rin on

"HenriK" <bedpost(a)attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Someone once told me about or I read somewhere that there are simple ways
> to get XP to:
>
> 1) Get rid of the little arrow in Desktop shortcuts; and
>
> 2) Get the real, but normally hidden, 'Administrator' log-on button to
> show up on the Welcome screen.
>
> I had thought they might be in TweakUI but I didn't find them there. Does
> anybody out there remember where this information can be found?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any pointers or information.

re (1), I've got it in TweakUI under Explorer > Shortcut > Shortcut overlay
> None.

In case it's a matter of a different TweakUI version, mine's v2.10.0.0