From: Robbie Hatley on

Greetings again, group. This is my 6th post here.
My first 5 posts all asked the same question. And
though I received 7 answers, none of them were
relevant. But I'm patient, so I'll try again,
this time in a new thread.

My question is simple, really:

In the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, is any manual
registry edit required for safe usage of hard disks larger
than 137GB?

But in the last 60 days, I have received 0 relevant answers
to that question, even after asking it here 5 times.

As background, so you can see why I'm so insistant in
trying to get some folks to give relevant answers to
that question, you should know that I'm currently using
Windows 2000, in which the 137GB issue is a MIGHTY BIG
issue. With Win2K, even if your motherboard supports
hard disks larger than 137GB, you MUST make a manual
registry edit for such large disks to work right:
Go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Parameters
and change "EnableBigLBA" from 0 to 1.
If you fail to do this, any data you attempt to write to
the upper portion of your hard disk (over 137GB) will,
instead, overwrite data on the lower portion (under 137GB),
DESTROYING YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM, PROGRAMS, AND DATA.
Which is not a good thing. (To put it mildly.)

Hence, I ask again:

--
Persistant,
Robbie Hatley

From: Leonard Grey on
No.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Bruce Chambers on
Robbie Hatley wrote:
> Greetings again, group. This is my 6th post here.
> My first 5 posts all asked the same question. And
> though I received 7 answers, none of them were
> relevant. But I'm patient, so I'll try again,
> this time in a new thread.

As you were told at that time:

You received multiple correct answers to your question. That fact that
you didn't like those answers *doesn't* make them irrelevant.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.