From: HartmannM on

Hi Folks!

Since yesterday I have a serious problem!

I want to connect my USB-HDD to my XP SP2 Compaq Laptop. But now a message
appears "Windows could not load the installer for Volume. Please contact your
hardware-vendor"..??

It does ID the new hardware and even shows the ID of the Harddisk. But when
it comes to mounting the volume the error pops up. When I ok the message it
tries to search for the drivers for "volume" but can't find any ..?! what is
up with this.. I know they come with the system ..?!

Any Ideas?

I even restartet all "Volume"* services on my system. Even than the message
comes up. I restartet the system, restored my registry from 2 days ago, reset
all my security limitations and even started in save mode. Everywhere that
message comes up when I hook up my USB-HDD.

I am still able to use my external USB-DVD Writer on it.

Please help! Thank you so much - your help is highly appreciated!