From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on

>> A couple of other details: Why use {} round your variables?
>>
> That was something I got in the habit of too and still find myself
> doing for no good reason today. I wonder if the OP went to Glasgow
> University....

So curly braces are simply round brackets with a heavy Glaswegian accent?

From: Ed Morton on
On 2/5/2010 6:59 PM, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:

>>> A couple of other details: Why use {} round your variables?
>>>
>> That was something I got in the habit of too and still find myself
>> doing for no good reason today. I wonder if the OP went to Glasgow
>> University....
>>
> So curly braces are simply round brackets with a heavy Glaswegian accent?

Naw, bit ah dinnae ken whaur it wiz fae, a jist yased it.

Thinking about it, using curly brackets unnecessarily probably isn't the worst
habit I picked up at GU. It may be just one more thing to blame on McEwans Export.

Ed.
From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on

>>> That was something I got in the habit of too and still find myself
>>> doing for no good reason today. I wonder if the OP went to Glasgow
>>> University....
>>>
>> So curly braces are simply round brackets with a heavy Glaswegian
>> accent?
>>
> Naw, bit ah dinnae ken whaur it wiz fae, a jist yased it.
>
> Thinking about it, using curly brackets unnecessarily probably isn't
> the worst habit I picked up at GU. It may be just one more thing to
> blame on McEwans Export.

Using the C shell would be a sign of an Export drinker. Curly braces,
on the other hand, are what results when one deep-fries round brackets
in batter.