From: Kenneth Tilton on
[Sorry, I neglected to spam the javascript list. Some folks there just
love seeing successful projects based on something other than HTML.
Without trying the site below came up on FireFox, Safari, Chrome, and IE
running on windows, FF and Chrome on Linux, Chrome and Safari on Mac OS
X. Isn't that great?!]

The Algebra software is coming along faster than I expected.
Functionally it is a bit of a train wreck, but some things work some of
the time. Check out the "Freestyle" tab here (and open the "help!!!!"):

http://teamalgebra.com/

You can now enter simple Algebra problems and solve them with the
software checking your work. Next step is having it give you hints.

The technology is a server-side Lisp application treating qooxdoo like
it was common-graphics by shipping back JS in response to events, all of
which just get shipped back to the browser. qooxdoo hides HTML and CSS
so this feels like the Web is just a GUI toolkit like Gtk.

ie, It rocks. qooxlisp is here:

http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."