From: JLB on
I have been trying to format cells and when I do, this message pops up:
"Your entry cannot be used. An integer or decimal number may be required." I
am also having problems with formulas I already had in place. Anytime I try
to change anything in a spread sheet this message pops up. It pops up in a
new spreadsheet or one I already have in place. Any ideas.
From: Chip Pearson on
It sounds like there is a Data Validation constraint on the cell(s).
Select the cell, choose Validation from the Data menu, and see what
values are allowed You can either conform your entry to the constraint
or you can remove the validation constraint by choosing Any in the
Allow list in the Validation dialog.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:59:01 -0800, JLB
<JLB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have been trying to format cells and when I do, this message pops up:
>"Your entry cannot be used. An integer or decimal number may be required." I
>am also having problems with formulas I already had in place. Anytime I try
>to change anything in a spread sheet this message pops up. It pops up in a
>new spreadsheet or one I already have in place. Any ideas.

Pages: 1
Prev: Split the cells
Next: combine cells