From: "Marcos R. Cardoso" on
Does anyone here have any opinion about Zend Server Community Edition?

I'm doing some tests here and I'm intending to use it at the University
Library where I work.

Any input about this web application would be nice.

TIA,

--
Marcos R. Cardoso
Se��o de Documenta��o e Automa��o

From: "Louis Solomon" on
what flavour/edition/version?

and what do you hope to gain by using it instead of just installing php + mysql(?) on whatever webserver?

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com <http://www.steelbytes.com/>

________________________________

Does anyone here have any opinion about Zend Server Community Edition?

I'm doing some tests here and I'm intending to use it at the University
Library where I work.

Any input about this web application would be nice.

TIA,

--
Marcos R. Cardoso
Seção de Documentação e Automação
Biblioteca Universitária
FURB - Blumenau
(047) 3321-0660

From: "Louis Solomon" on
> ... Oracle connection ... Zend Server brought me the best results ...

Any more info on this statement? It's a bit on the vague side.

Personally I use custom install of php 5.3 (as fastcgi) on iis 6&7 with MS's wincache (php bytecode cache) and mysql. Works a treat for me and is very quick.

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com

From: Niel Archer on
> Does anyone here have any opinion about Zend Server Community Edition?
>
> I'm doing some tests here and I'm intending to use it at the University
> Library where I work.
>
> Any input about this web application would be nice.

I recently looked at changing to Zend CE for my development machine. The
reason being, Zend no longer provide their Debugger tool for PHP 5.3
Thread Safe builds.
After looking into it and some deliberation I decided learning to use a
new debugger (Xdebug) and sticking with PHP/Apache compiled as the
developers designed them, with support from those same developers as the
build is standard; was preferable to getting the debugger and learning a
new configuration of the stack, and only having support from the third
party (Zend) as the build is now non-standard.

> TIA,
>
> --
> Marcos R. Cardoso
> Seção de Documentação e Automação
> Biblioteca Universitária
> FURB - Blumenau
> (047) 3321-0660

Niel Archer

From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

A little notice about ZS in general, "community" or not:

- it has nothing to do with php.net
- we don't support it (don't report bugs to bugs.php.net using it)

I'm not saying it is bad or good, only stating some facts.

Cheers,

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Niel Archer <not(a)chance.now> wrote:
>> Does anyone here have any opinion about Zend Server Community Edition?
>>
>> I'm doing some tests here and I'm intending to use it at the University
>> Library where I work.
>>
>> Any input about this web application would be nice.
>
> I recently looked at changing to Zend CE for my development machine. The
> reason being, Zend no longer provide their Debugger tool for PHP 5.3
> Thread Safe builds.
> After looking into it and some deliberation I decided learning to use a
> new debugger (Xdebug) and sticking with PHP/Apache compiled as the
> developers designed them, with support from those same developers as the
> build is standard;  was preferable to getting the debugger and learning a
> new configuration of the stack, and only having support from the third
> party (Zend) as the build is now non-standard.
>

>> TIA,
>>
>> --
>> Marcos R. Cardoso
>> Seção de Documentação e Automação