From: szag via AccessMonster.com on
I am using the following code:

Private Sub cbutAddNote_Click()
Me!BU_Notes.SetFocus
RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
End Sub

Seems pretty basic but I keep getting the error: A problem occurred while
Daily Field Report was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control.

Any ideas?

From: szag via AccessMonster.com on
In fact any command button I add to this form doesn't work - same messgae I
stated above. However the buttons work in all the other forms I have....

From: John Spencer on
I might suspect that the form's vba has become corrupted. You might try
following Allen Browne's suggestion on recovering from corruption.

Here is a standard sequence to try to rescue a corrupted mdb

0. Make a backup copy of the file.
00. Make a backup copy of the file.

1. Uncheck the boxes under:
Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
Tools | Database Utilities | Compact

3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file.
Decompile the database by entering something like this at the command
prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and includes the quotes:
"c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
"c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

4. Open Access, and compact again.

5. Open a code window.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Uncheck any references you do not need.
For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

6. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.

At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect errors
are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the text- and
compiled-versions of the code are fixed, and reference ambiguities are resolved.

If it is still a problem, the next step would be to get Access to rebuild the
database for you. Follow the steps for the first symptom in this article:
Recovering from Corruption
at:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group,

From: szag via AccessMonster.com on
Thanks John!

From: De Jager on