From: tom on
Is there any way so that all incoming mails that are from Internet are
forwarded to the POSTMASTER email address, as well as the user for
which it is intended to. For example, if someone from xyz(a)abc.com
sends a mail to a user on my domain (user(a)mydomain.com), the user gets
the mail, and a copy of the same email is automatically forwarded to
postmaster(a)mydomain.com.

Similarly, can we configure Sendmail so that if any user on my domain
sends an outbound mail, a copy of the same is sent to the Postmaster.
From: Carl Byington on

From: tom on

THANKS!
From: drfremove on
On Jan 29, 12:39 am, tom <thomas...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way so that all incoming mails that are from Internet are
> forwarded to the POSTMASTER email address, as well as the user for
> which it is intended to. For example, if someone from x...(a)abc.com
> sends a mail to a user on my domain (u...(a)mydomain.com), the user gets
> the mail, and a copy of the same email is automatically forwarded to
> postmas...(a)mydomain.com.
>
> Similarly, can we configure Sendmail so that if any user on my domain
> sends an outbound mail, a copy of the same is sent to the Postmaster.

You only need to change one line in the sendmail.cf:

A=mail.local -f $g -d $u postmaster

to add the postmaster to every local delivery. See

http://www.nber.org/copy-in.html

Daniel Feenberg
NBER