From: "Robert P. J. Day" on

(fairly new to PHP and PEAR so be gentle ...)

first, a minor syntactical mismatch -- the file mime.php refers to
the method "addSubpart", while that method is defined in mimePart.php
as "addSubPart". obviously not an error but it took me a couple
minutes to notice that as i was grepping for where that method was
defined.

next, in the constructor for Mail_mimePart, there is a reference to
the "description" field, which is (as i understand it) where the
comment field for an attachment would be placed. but if you go back
to mime.php, there is absolutely no reference to that field. it would
seem to be convenient to add that field to each attachment, but it's
not well-documented in mime.php as to how you'd do that. perhaps that
should be made clearer?

finally, at the top of mime.php, there is a declaration for the
class variable "$_mime", but it's not clear to me where that's being
used anywhere. am i just missing it? thanks.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
From: "A.L.E.C" on
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> first, a minor syntactical mismatch -- the file mime.php refers to
> the method "addSubpart", while that method is defined in mimePart.php
> as "addSubPart". obviously not an error but it took me a couple
> minutes to notice that as i was grepping for where that method was
> defined.

fixed in svn

> next, in the constructor for Mail_mimePart, there is a reference to
> the "description" field, which is (as i understand it) where the
> comment field for an attachment would be placed. but if you go back
> to mime.php, there is absolutely no reference to that field. it would
> seem to be convenient to add that field to each attachment, but it's
> not well-documented in mime.php as to how you'd do that. perhaps that
> should be made clearer?

It's not possible to set Content-Description via mime.php. Create a
request in bugtrucker, please.

Roundcube Webmail Developer http://roundcube.net
From: "Robert P. J. Day" on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, A.L.E.C wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > next, in the constructor for Mail_mimePart, there is a reference
> > to the "description" field, which is (as i understand it) where
> > the comment field for an attachment would be placed. but if you
> > field. it would seem to be convenient to add that field to each
> > attachment, but it's not well-documented in mime.php as to how
> > you'd do that. perhaps that should be made clearer?
>
> It's not possible to set Content-Description via mime.php. Create a
> request in bugtrucker, please.

ok, just did that, waiting for a confirmation email since (i assume)
it's the first bug report i've ever submitted and i just need to get
validated the first time, yes?