From: duke_winner on
I have a problem about TS101 ,can somebody help me?Thank you
The JTAG can scaned succesfully ,but there was a error happened when I
uesed JTAG to do simulation ,that is 'An EMUIR scan was attempted ,but
the dsp is not ready to accept instruction via JTAG'. I don't kown
what's wrong with it.
From: moschops on
duke_winner(a)163.com wrote:
> I have a problem about TS101 ,can somebody help me?Thank you
> The JTAG can scaned succesfully ,but there was a error happened when I
> uesed JTAG to do simulation ,that is 'An EMUIR scan was attempted ,but
> the dsp is not ready to accept instruction via JTAG'. I don't kown
> what's wrong with it.

I've had this a few times using a JTAG port on a TS101 cluster. The crux
of it was that the ICE and/or the TS101 board were not in a state
suitable for a JTAG session.

I had to power down everything, and ensure that I powered up again in
the right order, and that the TS101 cluster was in a suitable reset
state to start a JTAG session.

'Chops
From: duke_winner on
On 1ÔÂ13ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç7ʱ43·Ö, moschops <mosc...(a)madasafish.com> wrote:
> duke_win...(a)163.com wrote:
> > I have a problem about TS101 ,can somebody help me?Thank you
> > The JTAG can scaned succesfully ,but there was a error happened when I
> > uesed JTAG to do simulation ,that is 'An EMUIR scan was attempted ,but
> > the dsp is not ready to accept instruction via JTAG'. I don't kown
> > what's wrong with it.
>
> I've had this a few times using a JTAG port on a TS101 cluster. The crux
> of it was that the ICE and/or the TS101 board were not in a state
> suitable for a JTAG session.
>
> I had to power down everything, and ensure that I powered up again in
> the right order, and that the TS101 cluster was in a suitable reset
> state to start a JTAG session.
>
> 'Chops

Thank you for your help!
but what's your means about 'power down everything,powered up again in
the right order',how can I get a right order?
Is your mean the sequence of power 1.2V and 3.3V ? or else?
From: moschops on
duke_winner(a)163.com wrote:

> Thank you for your help!
> but what's your means about 'power down everything,powered up again in
> the right order',how can I get a right order?
> Is your mean the sequence of power 1.2V and 3.3V ? or else?

Unfortunately, the right order depends on exactly what you're connected
to. I find that powering up the TS101 first, then the PC, and then the
ICE, solved my problems.

Also, I found that it was more likely to work if, after configuring my
session in VDSP, I did not carry out any testsin the configurator but
instead went straight to opening the session.

'Chops

From: duke_winner on
moschops <mosc...(a)madasafish.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the right order depends on exactly what you're connected
> to. I find that powering up the TS101 first, then the PC, and then the
> ICE, solved my problems.
>
> Also, I found that it was more likely to work if, after configuring my
> session in VDSP, I did not carry out any testsin the configurator but
> instead went straight to opening the session.
>
> 'Chops

Thank you very much.I'll try it with your method.Hope it can be
useful.
Is your meaning is that if JTAG configuretor tests
successfully ,there
is no trouble with TS101 itself.