From: Dica on
i'm using the altovaxml COM component to validate my xml (far superior to
the built in .net xml validators) but keep getting an error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{533BAC07-C702-4D91-8D37-39FDC919A19C} failed due to the following error:
80070005.

this is access error message, so i've manually granted the network system
account NTFS execute permissions on the altova EXE, which made no
difference. i've also run dcomcnfg, trying to grant execute perms on the COM
component there, but the altoval COM object isn't listed there, though there
is a registery listing. if i set the impersonate option within the
web.config to an admin account, my code runs fine, but i really don't want
to run the app under the admin account.

how can i set execute perms on the network service for this COM class?

tks

From: Alexey Smirnov on

http://www.altova.com/manual2008/AltovaXML/index.html?ax_netinterface.htm

From: Dica on

"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smirnov(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 25, 4:26 pm, "Dica" <genp...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> i'm using the altovaxml COM component to validate my xml (far superior to
>> the built in .net xml validators) but keep getting an error message:
>>
>> Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
>> {533BAC07-C702-4D91-8D37-39FDC919A19C} failed due to the following error:
>> 80070005.
>>
>> this is access error message, so i've manually granted the network system
>> account NTFS execute permissions on the altova EXE, which made no
>> difference. i've also run dcomcnfg, trying to grant execute perms on the
>> COM
>> component there, but the altoval COM object isn't listed there, though
>> there
>> is a registery listing. if i set the impersonate option within the
>> web.config to an admin account, my code runs fine, but i really don't
>> want
>> to run the app under the admin account.
>>
>> how can i set execute perms on the network service for this COM class?
>>
>> tks
>
> http://www.altova.com/manual2008/AltovaXML/index.html?ax_netinterface.htm

i tried that, but it didn't work. i've found that the command line xml
validator is more reliable that the COM object in validating XML, so i'm
just going to call a bat file and parse the results from the Process job.

tks anyhow.