From: Rob Christiansen on

i'm revising my *.mdb file so that each record will hold a memo feild.
At presernt I can't even get my program to work with memo. Searching web
for help doesn't work. Under ADO data types i found "adLongVarWChar"
which appears promising, but they don't give any more help! They list 3
catagories - Access, SQLServer, and Oracle. I establish my files with
Access2003 (I think) but modify it with SQL - Sorry, I'm not very much
up on the lingo. Please help me.
crazyswede

From: Gregor Kofler on
Am 2010-07-11 01:48, Rob Christiansen meinte:

[snip]

> crazyswede

Is your nick the reason, why you post your vague database access
problems in a Javascript newsgroup?

Gregor

--
http://www.gregorkofler.com
From: Evertjan. on
Gregor Kofler wrote on 11 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Am 2010-07-11 01:48, Rob Christiansen meinte:
>
> [snip]
>
>> crazyswede
>
> Is your nick the reason, why you post your vague database access
> problems in a Javascript newsgroup?

I often access my access databases with Javascript code for easy
accessability.

[unsnip]
> crazyswede wrote:
>> I establish my files with
>> Access2003 (I think) but modify it with SQL
[/unsnip]

"but"?

This Swede of ill mental allure understandably does not understand that sql
just means special query language and is a "native" way of accessing access
databases on the server.

var adoConn = new ActiveXObject('ADODB.Connection');
adoConn.Open('PROVIDER=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;DATA SOURCE="db.mdb"');
var sql = "Select top 1 [name] From tblName";
ver mD = adoRS.Open(sql);
response.write(mD('name'));
adoConn.Close();

--