From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <11cb449b-a5ee-4a83-8444-921be6cb3c97(a)z4
1g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>, Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:01:29, David Mark
<dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com> posted:

>However, if a document changes the background color of the body, it
>must change the color of hyperlinks to ensure proper contrast.

That's wrong, of course. A change (from standard white) can easily be
large enough to be noticed without significantly degrading the contrast
of any of the standard link colours.

"However, if a document changes the background colour of the body, it
may need to change the colour of hyperlinks to ensure proper contrast."

From: optimistx on
optimistx wrote:

> What? :) More simply: If alert-boxes are blocked, what to do?
>
> But they obviously are not blocked. My question aroused, when
> in Chrome-browser I got a dialog box asking, whether I would
> allow such boxes to appear in the future. I allowed, and now I do not
> remember the situation accurately. I was pretty sure that that
> was an alertbox from my program, but now I cannot reproduce
> the situation easily.

Now the alertbox 'problem' was recreated:

Chrome had a checkbox in the the second alertbox from the same page,
with the text 'Prevent this page to create other messages' (freely
translated). If I put a checkmark there, no new alertboxes appear.
If a user accidentally puts a checkmark there, the program might not
know that and the program, user, and everybody might be very
confused. Ok, we user's make mistakes sometimes, but clever
programs might minimize damages.

This is not a serious issue anyhow. I could start a timer and then
show a div to explain what might have happened.

By the way,

Chrome is really fast compared to Firefox 3.0. A Runge-Kutta algorithm
with some dom manipulation (not much)
took 6 seconds in Chrome, 36 seconds in firefox, and 2 minutes in ie7.
Some people say that Google programmers are not so good, but this
result might prove that some programmers there know something (or
perhaps my test is biased).