From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:37:36AM -0600, Wilberth P??rez wrote:

> when i ejecuted the command "postalias /etc/aliases", only generates the
> files:
>
> aliases.dir and aliases.pag

The correct solution is:

main.cf:
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = $alias_database

add any LDAP, SQL, ... alias tables that don't need to be re-built
from text files to alias_maps only. Add any extra file-based sources
to alias_database.

then run:

# newaliases

which is also available as:

# sendmail -bi

Provided of course that these commands are the Postfix not the Sendmail
versions. See the Postfix sendmail(1) manpage.

--
Viktor.