From: graderex on
On Oct 20, 3:16 pm, "optimistx" <optimi...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Your being an anonymous/nicknamed, Google
> Groups, clueless newbie, nothing more was to be expected.  FOAD.

A couple of days of civil discussion, then suddenly the trolls chime
in with their vile two cents. Tell me, Where does your derision for
newbies come from? Maybe you're just a closet newbie, expert-wannabee
yourself? Whatever you are, I sure hope you're not a teacher by
profession. I could just picture it: the kids who don't get everything
they read perfectly the first time are taken out to the yard and given
100 lashes. If Mr. Optimistx is in a particularly cranky mood, poor
old student is told to FOAD, then stoned to death.

> PLONK

Go right ahead. In case you hadn't noticed, email addresses and Google
accounts are pretty easy to come by ;)

From: Jake Jarvis on
graderex wrote:
> On Oct 20, 3:16 pm, "optimistx" <optimi...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Your being an anonymous/nicknamed, Google
>> Groups, clueless newbie, nothing more was to be expected. FOAD.
>
> A couple of days of civil discussion, then suddenly the trolls chime
> in with their vile two cents. Tell me, Where does your derision for
> newbies come from? Maybe you're just a closet newbie, expert-wannabee
> yourself? Whatever you are, I sure hope you're not a teacher by
> profession. I could just picture it: the kids who don't get everything
> they read perfectly the first time are taken out to the yard and given
> 100 lashes. If Mr. Optimistx is in a particularly cranky mood, poor
> old student is told to FOAD, then stoned to death.
>
>> PLONK
>
> Go right ahead. In case you hadn't noticed, email addresses and Google
> accounts are pretty easy to come by ;)

optimistx has a very peculiar way (so it seems to me) of expressing
himself, but I believe he is actually on /your/ side.

I interpreted his post as a list of things PE said,
which, in his opinion, were /not/ at all 'civil, but also cordial'.
From: Jorge on
On Oct 21, 12:50 am, SAM <stephanemoriaux.NoAd...(a)wanadoo.fr.invalid>
wrote:
> Le 10/20/09 11:05 PM, Jorge a écrit :
>

> > On Oct 20, 10:55 pm, The Natural Philosopher <t...(a)invalid.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> Better, but no banana
>
> >> given
> >> function return_star()
> >> {
> >> return "*";}
>
> >> f8uncton return_blamk()
> >> {
> >> return " ";
>
> >> }
>
> >> now set up an array and a function that calls the correct one by
> >> indexing off an array.
>
> > That's the same as above, just put functions into the array to have
> > them called afterwards:
>
> > a= [fBlank, fStar];
> > res+= a[!((i * j) % 8)]();
>
> ? ? ?
>
> javascript:b=function(){return'blank'};c=function(){return'star'};a=[b,c];a lert(a[!(250.23*2)%8]());
> javascript:b=function(){return'blank'};c=function(){return'star'};a=[b,c];a lert(a[!('z'*2)%8]());
>
> javascript:b=function(){return'blank'};c=function(){return'star'};a=[b,c];a lert((250.23*2)%8);alert(!((250.23*2)%8));alert(a[!((250.23*2)%8)]());

Oh yes, I see, a + is needed in front of the !...

b=function(){return'blank'};
c=function(){return'star'};
a=[b,c];
alert(a[+!(((250.23*2))%8)]());
alert(a[+!((64*27)%8)]());

--
Jorge.
From: Gregor Kofler on
graderex meinte:
> On Oct 20, 4:19 pm, Osmo Saarikumpu <o...(a)weppipakki.com> wrote:
>> optimistx kirjoitti:
>
>> What is wrong with reading the fine manual?
>
> Don't give me your bullshit spin. Nice substitution on the "f" there.
> Here's an interesting quote from the Ubuntu forums:

[snip]

Who cares? This is *usenet*, not some ubuntu forum.

Gregor

--
http://www.gregorkofler.com
From: graderex on
On Oct 21, 4:30 am, Gregor Kofler <use...(a)gregorkofler.com> wrote:
> graderex meinte:
>
> > On Oct 20, 4:19 pm, Osmo Saarikumpu <o...(a)weppipakki.com> wrote:
> >> optimistx kirjoitti:
>
> >> What is wrong with reading the fine manual?
>
> > Don't give me your bullshit spin. Nice substitution on the "f" there.
> > Here's an interesting quote from the Ubuntu forums:
>
> [snip]
>
> Who cares? This is *usenet*, not some ubuntu forum.
>
> Gregor

Oh, so if you're a *usenet* person, then it's OK to behave like an
uncivilized a-hole? Ah ha, thanks for setting me straight.