From: aimeixu on
Hi,
I use python Django framework to make a bookmark website, when I
clicked login button on the user login page .and I import "from
django.contrib.auth.models import User" in the console,It will occur the
following error:
>>> from django.contrib.auth.models import User
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/models.py",
line 6, in ?
from django.db import models
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line
14, in ?
if not settings.DATABASES:
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py",
line 276, in __getattr__
self._setup()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line
38, in _setup
raise ImportError("Settings cannot be imported, because environment
variable %s is undefined." % ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE)
ImportError: Settings cannot be imported, because environment variable
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.
'cause I am a newbie to python .Please help me find out where the error
is and how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot.
Best Wishes,
From: Chris Rebert on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:14 AM, aimeixu <aimeixu(a)amazon.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use python Django framework to make a bookmark website, when I clicked
>  login button on  the user login page .and I  import "from
> django.contrib.auth.models import User" in the console,It will occur the
> following error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/models.py", line
> 6, in ?
>   from django.db import models
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line 14, in
> ?
>   if not settings.DATABASES:
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py", line
> 276, in __getattr__
>   self._setup()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 38,
> in _setup
>   raise ImportError("Settings cannot be imported, because environment
> variable %s is undefined." % ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE)
> ImportError: Settings cannot be imported, because environment variable
> DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.
> 'cause I am a newbie to python .Please help me find out where the error is
> and how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot.

The Django-specific mailinglist may be found at:

You are more likely to get a [better] answer if you ask there.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com