From: Mark Tarver on
Here is a project Slime/Emacs people might find interesting. A self
annotating program editor that corrects your mistakes and actually
types ahead of the programmer. The technology is based on *real-time
type checking* and is based on Qi technology. The original suggestion
is on qilang.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/qilang/browse_frm/thread/969a64ddfc831b75?hl=en

Mark
From: kodifik on
On Jul 11, 4:01 pm, Mark Tarver <dr.mtar...(a)ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> Here is a project Slime/Emacs people might find interesting. A self
> annotating program editor that corrects your mistakes and actually
> types ahead of the programmer.

My Office editor program does that all the time, and it is a real
PITA.
From: Mark Tarver on
On 12 July, 16:53, kodifik <kodi...(a)eurogaran.com> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 4:01 pm, Mark Tarver <dr.mtar...(a)ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Here is a project Slime/Emacs people might find interesting. A self
> > annotating program editor that corrects your mistakes and actually
> > types ahead of the programmer.
>
> My Office editor program does that all the time, and it is a real
> PITA.

Indeed. :) Many years ago we had a grad working on an intelligent OS
that tried to anticipate your commands. A recipe for 'rm -rf *'
disasters we reckoned.

What I envisaged was something rather gentler and programmable for
different languages (not just Qi) but using Qi as the metalanguage to
drive the checking.

Mark