From: pyotr filipivich on
Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> on Sat, 15 May 2010 14:31:17 +1200 typed
in alt.fan.mozilla the following:
>On Fri, 14 May 2010 17:59:08 -0700, in message <uasru55ca6c5fqf91e1e3p9409dloovv4o(a)4ax.com>
>pyotr filipivich <phamp(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> This laptop is becoming a "monster" - I just wanted something for
>> the "occasional use" - now, it's getting grabbed all the time. If it
>> had a decent keyboard (I know about the add-ons) the big black box
>> would be obsolete.
>

>A 'real' keyboard (USB) is IMO the most important add-on for a laptop.
>Unfortunately it's not always practical to carry the 'real' USB keyboard
>with the laptop. The USB keyboard generally stays on the desk while the
>laptop travels. (I'm typing this now on the laptop's own keyboard from
>a little caf� where I've stopped for a bite.)

I've seen roll up keyboards - flexible silicone plastic gizmos.
"Now that looks cool". I remember seeing a demo video, of a projected
keyboard - that the machine projected a keyboard on a surface, and
then figured out what virtual key you had pressed. "Cool - although
pounding away on a table top probably is not as ergonomically correct
as even a bad keyboard. At least as far as your fingers go. Would
bring a whole new meaning to "touch typing".

And for grins and giggles, had to fill out a form for work -
standard tri-form. I thought, "since the office is a paper based
project... why not?" and got my manual typewriter out. "Mano a mano -
and no spell check!
--
pyotr filipivich.
Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel,