From: A T on
I picked up a LG L1932TQ external monitor, and I have yet to get it to
work. I've tried hooking it up to 2 laptops running Windows 7, and on
both, the display would flash with the correct screen for a second and
then go black and lose the signal (i.e. power light goes from awake
blue to sleep orange). This happened every time I hit apply settings
from the external display control panel.

When hooked up to a desktop running Windows XP, the display works
while the desktop boots up in dos (which lasts for about 10 seconds),
but once it enters Windows, the display goes black and loses signal.
I'm using a VGA cable. Is this display anti-Windows?
From: Grinder on
On 7/28/2010 2:00 PM, A T wrote:
> I picked up a LG L1932TQ external monitor, and I have yet to get it to
> work. I've tried hooking it up to 2 laptops running Windows 7, and on
> both, the display would flash with the correct screen for a second and
> then go black and lose the signal (i.e. power light goes from awake
> blue to sleep orange). This happened every time I hit apply settings
> from the external display control panel.
>
> When hooked up to a desktop running Windows XP, the display works
> while the desktop boots up in dos (which lasts for about 10 seconds),
> but once it enters Windows, the display goes black and loses signal.
> I'm using a VGA cable. Is this display anti-Windows?

Try booting up you Windows 7 system in VGA mode (hit F8 on startup to
get a menu with that choice.) It might just be trying to put out a
resolution that the panel can't handle. For analog signals, it's not
just a matter of resolution, but rather vertical and horizontal (sync?)
frequencies, and you might be exceeding your monitors limits.

For example, I have a craptastic Chimei 1440x900 panel that typically
cannot handle 1024x768 from a given source, but is fine with resolutions
above and below.
From: F8BOE on
A T wrote:

> I picked up a LG L1932TQ external monitor, and I have yet to get it to
> work. I've tried hooking it up to 2 laptops running Windows 7, and on
> both, the display would flash with the correct screen for a second and
> then go black and lose the signal (i.e. power light goes from awake
> blue to sleep orange). This happened every time I hit apply settings
> from the external display control panel.
>
> When hooked up to a desktop running Windows XP, the display works
> while the desktop boots up in dos (which lasts for about 10 seconds),
> but once it enters Windows, the display goes black and loses signal.
> I'm using a VGA cable. Is this display anti-Windows?

No, it just this wonder f...ed OS that is anti LG.
Just buy a new one for mucho pesos!

Sorry... I couldn't resist.
--

Ciao @+

< Sony VGN-FW54M powered by Mandriva-Linux 2010.1 >
From: chrisv on

"F8BOE" <f8boe(a)bluemail.ch> wrote in message
> A T wrote:
>
>> I picked up a LG L1932TQ external monitor, and I have yet to get it to
>> work. I've tried hooking it up to 2 laptops running Windows 7, and on
>> both, the display would flash with the correct screen for a second and
>> then go black and lose the signal (i.e. power light goes from awake
>> blue to sleep orange). This happened every time I hit apply settings
>> from the external display control panel.
>>
>> When hooked up to a desktop running Windows XP, the display works
>> while the desktop boots up in dos (which lasts for about 10 seconds),
>> but once it enters Windows, the display goes black and loses signal.
>> I'm using a VGA cable. Is this display anti-Windows?
>
> No, it just this wonder f...ed OS that is anti LG.
> Just buy a new one for mucho pesos!
>
> Sorry... I couldn't resist.

Next time, try harder.