From: Terevos Gmail on
I saw a number of places say that Net::SSH does not support rsa1. Is
there any other gems or ways I can get the functionality of driving an
ssh session using an rsa1 key?

From: Brian Candler on
Terevos Gmail wrote:
> I saw a number of places say that Net::SSH does not support rsa1. Is
> there any other gems or ways I can get the functionality of driving an
> ssh session using an rsa1 key?

Net::SSH doesn't support the SSH1 protocol, which was put out to grass
years ago. Even openssh disables it by default now:
http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-5.4

It would be a very good idea to enable SSH2 in your server.

From: Terevos Gmail on
Brian Candler wrote:

> Net::SSH doesn't support the SSH1 protocol, which was put out to grass
> years ago. Even openssh disables it by default now:
> http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-5.4
>
> It would be a very good idea to enable SSH2 in your server.

Thanks for the quick response, I suspected as much. I am looking into
SSH2 support, but unfortunately, they are not my servers.