From: Desaivres Alain on
Thanks Steve

This could be a good solution into other circumstances but what I am doing
is a script that run at login time and that check if there would not be any
update to run for one or several xla...

In such a situation, I can run createobjects(excel.application) without
disturbing so much the launch phase of the PC but cannot open Excel, I mean
both excel 2003 and Excel 2007...

Thanks for your contribution
Regards
Alain

From: Desaivres Alain on
Hi...

In fact I have been able to find some more info about that topic and have
already experienced new situation...

When you install to different versions of Excel on a given machine, the
Excel version that will be opened per default while double clicking on an
..xls file will be the last one that have been installed...

Same for the command line
appXL = createObject(Excel.Apllication)
appXL.Application.version will return the bversion of the last one installed

MSDN says that thereis only one Class ID for both and that the unique Class
ID has been overwritten per the second one to be opened...

More or less this says that we cannot create an Excel 11.0 object if the
second Excel installed on a given machine is Excel 12.0... My purpose being
to check which xla need to be installed, I can simply not use the addins
collection to realize that or at least only on one of both versions...

My unique other possibility is to open each excel through a shell command
then to realize a getobject but such a solution is not really serious inside
a script launch at login time...

Regards
Alain
From: Desaivres Alain on