From: David4021 on
I have an app working fine on vista ultimate(iis7 , .net 3.5 , ajax)

After installing .net 3.5 on my windows 2003 server (currently at 2.0) the
app breaks :

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'.
asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

which sort of says that 3.5 is not infact being used since it includes the
new ajax framework?

per other posts apparently (and bizzarely in my opinion) in IIS6 the asp.net
3.5 isnt supposed so be available in the dropdown, just 2.0 even after an
upgrade (go figure on that one) which is the case?

From: bruce barker on
in iis 6.0 you need to config the asp net application to be 3.5. the
message means you are running 2.0

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

From: David4021 on
Thank you, yes, however in IIS on the asp.net tab only 2.0x is available,
despite the fact I installed 3.5?

From: David4021 on
Thank you,

Yes, that would make sense but in IIS on the asp.net tab only 2.0x is shown,
not 3.5 so I cant configure it?

From: Juan T. Llibre on
re:
!> in IIS on the asp.net tab only 2.0x is shown

That's because the .Net Framework 3.5 targets the 2.0 CLR.
It will work fine with the 2.0 CLR.

re:
!> not 3.5 so I cant configure it?

Yes, you can configure your web project to use 3.5 in the VS 2008 IDE.

Right-click the project name in the Solution Explorer, select "Property Pages",
select "build" in the left panel, and select the 3.5 .Net Framework as the "Target Framework".

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espa�ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/