From: julia_2683 on
Hi,

I tried this command to clean a file for mispelled word and nothing
happen. What I am doing wrong?

Thanks

From: Unruh on
julia_2683(a)hotmail.com writes:

>Hi,

>I tried this command to clean a file for mispelled word and nothing
>happen. What I am doing wrong?

no idea what you did, but
aspell -c file.txt

From: julia_2683 on
On Apr 16, 2:37 pm, Unruh <unruh-s...(a)physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> julia_2...(a)hotmail.com writes:
> >Hi,
> >I tried this command to clean a file for mispelled word and nothing
> >happen. What I am doing wrong?
>
> no idea what you did, but
> aspell -c file.txt
>
> >Thanks

This check the file but does not remove mispelled words (clean them
from the file).
In aspell --help there is such an option (aspell -clean file.txt)

From: Unruh on
julia_2683(a)hotmail.com writes:

>On Apr 16, 2:37 pm, Unruh <unruh-s...(a)physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> julia_2...(a)hotmail.com writes:
>> >Hi,
>> >I tried this command to clean a file for mispelled word and nothing
>> >happen. What I am doing wrong?
>>
>> no idea what you did, but
>> aspell -c file.txt
>>
>> >Thanks

>This check the file but does not remove mispelled words (clean them
>from the file).
>In aspell --help there is such an option (aspell -clean file.txt)

No such option in the man page. But one problem may be that you
misinterpreted the help page
clean [strict]
means that the word strict is an option. Ie, you would use
aspell clean strict file.txt
I have no idea what that is supposed to do. The brief description states
cleans a word list so that every line is a valid word
so that would mean that you have a list which has one word per line and you
run this to remove those lines with "invalid" (ie not in the aspell
dictionary) words. Of course the word might not be in the aspell dictionary
because that dictionary is incomplete,

From: CBFalconer on
julia_2683(a)hotmail.com wrote:

> I tried this command to clean a file for mispelled word and nothing
> happen. What I am doing wrong?

What command?

-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
-- Thomas Matthews