From: . on
Hello, trying to bring up one of our .aspx pages and it displays a totally
blank page in the IE browser. Our app was working like a month ago but now
a total blank page, does anyone know what this could be? Thanks in advance.

From: Brian Cryer on
"." <nothing(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
> Hello, trying to bring up one of our .aspx pages and it displays a totally
> blank page in the IE browser. Our app was working like a month ago but
> now a total blank page, does anyone know what this could be? Thanks in
> advance.

Any errors in the event log?

Do your server logs show that the request for the web-page is reaching the
server? Its worth checking that the fault is with the server and not with a
proxy or something else preventing the request from reaching the server.

Otherwise you probably need to debug the application.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: . on
Thanks for your reply Brian much appreciated. There does appear to have
been an asp.net framework update in the Event Viewer just prior to the time
of the user compaint which sounds to make sense. Our app's web virtual
directory in IIS 6.0 used to be functioning properly and set as 'ASP.NET
version:' 2.0.50727 which is now currently displaying the blank page....but
when changing it's setting to the 1.1.4322 version the app's .aspx pages
appear to be displaying and working properly. So perhaps something with our
v2.0.50727 got disabled/broken?

From: Brian Cryer on
> Thanks for your reply Brian much appreciated. There does appear to have
> been an asp.net framework update in the Event Viewer just prior to the
> time of the user compaint which sounds to make sense. Our app's web
> virtual directory in IIS 6.0 used to be functioning properly and set as
> 'ASP.NET version:' 2.0.50727 which is now currently displaying the blank
> page....but when changing it's setting to the 1.1.4322 version the app's
> .aspx pages appear to be displaying and working properly. So perhaps
> something with our v2.0.50727 got disabled/broken?

I have seen updates to .net break applications - not like you've seen, but
with errors - although in both cases a reboot cured the problem.

Yes, it does look like your .net version has been reset. Can you reset it?
If not or if that doesn't solve it then does a reboot help? Any errors
logged on the webserver when it doesn't work?
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian