From: Stephen Clark on
Hi,

When I play music on my Asus Z96F laptop using kde volume control set to max
I can barely hear the music. Same with pulse audio volume control set to 100%.

But if I run the gnome-volume-control it lets me move the volume past 100% and I
can then hear it without any obvious distortion.

How is it decided what is 100% especially if the volume can be made louder than
100% without any distortion ?

Inquiring minds want to know :).

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)