From: Giampaolo Rodolà on
2010/5/25 Michele Simionato <michele.simionato(a)gmail.com>:
> On May 25, 12:03 pm, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rod...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Too bad cmdloop() doesn't provide an argument to return immediately.
>> Why don't you submit this patch on the bug tracker?
>>
>> --- Giampaolohttp://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlibhttp://code.google.com/p/psutil
>
> Because it is not a bug, cmd was designed to be blocking. It would be
> a feature request.

Sure, a feature request, but it would be nice to have anyway. =)
The OP question shown how this can be desirable in certain circumstances..

From: kaklis on
On May 25, 6:48 am, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rod...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/25 Michele Simionato <michele.simion...(a)gmail.com>:
>
> > On May 25, 12:03 pm, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rod...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Too bad cmdloop() doesn't provide an argument to return immediately.
> >> Why don't you submit this patch on the bug tracker?
>
> >> --- Giampaolohttp://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlibhttp://code.google.com/p/psutil
>
> > Because it is not a bug, cmd was designed to be blocking. It would be
> > a feature request.
>
> Sure, a feature request, but it would be nice to have anyway. =)
> The OP question shown how this can be desirable in certain circumstances...
>
> --- Giampaolohttp://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlibhttp://code.google.com/p/psutil

Could you please provide me with a simple example how to do this with
threads.
I don't know where to put the cmdloop().
Please help, i' m so confused!
Thank you
From: Michele Simionato on
On May 25, 2:56 pm, "kak...(a)gmail.com" <kak...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you please provide me with a simple example how to do this with
> threads.
> I don't know where to put the cmdloop().
> Please help, i' m so confused!
> Thank you

What are you trying to do? Do you really need to use the standard
library? Likely what you want to accomplish is already implemented in
Twisted; I remember there was something like that in their examples
directory.
From: kaklis on
On May 25, 5:23 pm, Michele Simionato <michele.simion...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> On May 25, 2:56 pm, "kak...(a)gmail.com" <kak...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could you please provide me with a simple example how to do this with
> > threads.
> > I don't know where to put the cmdloop().
> > Please help, i' m so confused!
> > Thank you
>
> What are you trying to do? Do you really need to use the standard
> library? Likely what you want to accomplish is already implemented in
> Twisted; I remember there was something like that in their examples
> directory.

Thank you,
and sorry for the mistake i did before with my post.

Antonis
From: kaklis on
On May 25, 5:47 pm, "kak...(a)gmail.com" <kak...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 25, 5:23 pm, Michele Simionato <michele.simion...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On May 25, 2:56 pm, "kak...(a)gmail.com" <kak...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could you please provide me with a simple example how to do this with
> > > threads.
> > > I don't know where to put the cmdloop().
> > > Please help, i' m so confused!
> > > Thank you
>
> > What are you trying to do? Do you really need to use the standard
> > library? Likely what you want to accomplish is already implemented in
> > Twisted; I remember there was something like that in their examples
> > directory.
>
> Thank you,
> and sorry for the mistake i did before with my post.
>
> Antonis

hi again. i installed twisted, but since i m not familiar with it, do
you remember which example you have in mind?
What i want to accomplish is something like "asterisk". while you send
commands from the asterisk cli, at the same time
the underlying protocol sends you notifications to the console.
without exiting the application.
thanks