From: noelloen on
Hi,

I have a script that runs with arguemet like this,
../tstop.ksh arg1

then I want to schedule it with another script:

#!/usr/bin/ksh
#This is the schedule script, schedule.ksh
at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh $1

when I run
../schedule.ksh some_Arguement
it gives error.

I cannot run "at" command with command arguement.
such that,
at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh anArgv
would give an error "at: 0481-098 The specified date is not in the
correct format."

Thanks

From: Chris Mattern on
noelloen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a script that runs with arguemet like this,
> ./tstop.ksh arg1
>
> then I want to schedule it with another script:
>
> #!/usr/bin/ksh
> #This is the schedule script, schedule.ksh
> at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh $1
>
> when I run
> ./schedule.ksh some_Arguement
> it gives error.
>
> I cannot run "at" command with command arguement.
> such that,
> at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh anArgv
> would give an error "at: 0481-098 The specified date is not in the
> correct format."
>
> Thanks

You are not specifying the time you wish the command
to run in a format that at understands. The available
formats can differ, so I would suggest you read
at's man page.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"
From: Bill Marcum on
On 15 Sep 2006 09:27:35 -0700, noelloen
<noel.yim(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a script that runs with arguemet like this,
> ./tstop.ksh arg1
>
> then I want to schedule it with another script:
>
> #!/usr/bin/ksh
> #This is the schedule script, schedule.ksh
> at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh $1
>
> when I run
> ./schedule.ksh some_Arguement
> it gives error.
>
> I cannot run "at" command with command arguement.
> such that,
> at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh anArgv
> would give an error "at: 0481-098 The specified date is not in the
> correct format."

"at" takes commands as standard input.

echo "`pwd`/tstop.ksh anArgv" | at now + 15 minutes

--
The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.
-- Blair
From: noelloen on

Bill Marcum wrote:
> On 15 Sep 2006 09:27:35 -0700, noelloen
> <noel.yim(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a script that runs with arguemet like this,
> > ./tstop.ksh arg1
> >
> > then I want to schedule it with another script:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/ksh
> > #This is the schedule script, schedule.ksh
> > at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh $1
> >
> > when I run
> > ./schedule.ksh some_Arguement
> > it gives error.
> >
> > I cannot run "at" command with command arguement.
> > such that,
> > at now + 15 minutes ./tstop.ksh anArgv
> > would give an error "at: 0481-098 The specified date is not in the
> > correct format."
> >
> "at" takes commands as standard input.
>
> echo "`pwd`/tstop.ksh anArgv" | at now + 15 minutes
>

> --
> The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.
> -- Blair

Thanks it works great.