From: Tim Mitchell on
In article <ctvkf0$gj0$1(a)online.de>, Tilmann Reh
<tilmannreh(a)despammed.com> writes
>Tim Mitchell schrieb:
>
>>>I am looking for Atmel89c52 bootloader so that i can do in-system
>>>programming. I searched the net, but could not find any site regarding
>>>this. Any help will be appreciated.
>>>
>> You can't in-system program an 89C52. It needs an external parallel
>> programmer.
>
>Its successor, 89S52, has ISP capability (using a few port pins for
>SPI). The software is free for download, the cable consists of a
>single buffer IC and a few passives.

The request for a boot loader sounded like he was wanting it to program
itself. Even the 89S52 can't do that.

The AT89C51RD2 can reprogram itself and is pin compatible with 89C52. It
has a built in boot loader which allows you to program it directly from
a PC serial port. (with a max232 or something)
--
Tim Mitchell
From: Tilmann Reh on
Tim Mitchell schrieb:

>>> You can't in-system program an 89C52. It needs an external parallel
>>> programmer.
>>
>>Its successor, 89S52, has ISP capability (using a few port pins for
>>SPI). The software is free for download, the cable consists of a
>>single buffer IC and a few passives.
>>
> The request for a boot loader sounded like he was wanting it to program
> itself. Even the 89S52 can't do that.
>
> The AT89C51RD2 can reprogram itself and is pin compatible with 89C52. It
> has a built in boot loader which allows you to program it directly from
> a PC serial port. (with a max232 or something)

I know. We are using both types in current products and developments. :-)

I simply overlooked the "bootloader" when answering your statement
mentioning the need of parallel programming.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maý