From: Sergey Poberezovskiy on
In one of my SSME I have auto-indenting switched off whereas in the other it
is on - meaning that after pressing Enter the next cursor position is at the
start of the previous line.

I would like to be able to turn it on in my first installation, but cannot
find the option to change.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Sergey Poberezovskiy (SergeyPoberezovskiy(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> In one of my SSME I have auto-indenting switched off whereas in the
> other it is on - meaning that after pressing Enter the next cursor
> position is at the start of the previous line.
>
> I would like to be able to turn it on in my first installation, but cannot
> find the option to change.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tools->Options->Text Editor->All languages->Tabs. The upper frame has
indending.

Note that the setting may be overridden by language, so you may want to
check Transact-SQL as well.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at