From: Jonathan N. Little on
shapper wrote:
> On Dec 4, 8:27 pm, "Jonathan N. Little"<lws4...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> shapper wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>
>>> I have the following style:
>>> background: #F5F5F5 url('../Contents/Image/Ruler_Background.jpg')
>>
>> ^
>> |
>> Remove the carriage return from here --------------------------+
>>
>>> repeat-x bottom;
>>
>>> And I get the error:
>>> Value Error : background Parse Error [empty string]
>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?

> Jonathan, I have everything in the same line. It is Google Groups that
> makes that ...

I can only reproduce the error if the "background: ...;" rule to the ";"
in not on the same line.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: dorayme on
In article <hfc3ot$ih0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
"Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I can only reproduce the error if the "background: ...;" rule to the ";"
> in not on the same line.

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/lookMaNoBreaks.html>

returns the error. The validator *seems* to be wrong and at least this
is a URL (something missing so far in the thread). Perhaps it might be
analysed for something I am missing to squash my current tentative,
humbly held, theory that the validator is getting it wrong?

--
dorayme
From: Jonathan N. Little on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<hfc3ot$ih0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Jonathan N. Little"<lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can only reproduce the error if the "background: ...;" rule to the ";"
>> in not on the same line.
>
> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/lookMaNoBreaks.html>
>
> returns the error. The validator *seems* to be wrong and at least this
> is a URL (something missing so far in the thread). Perhaps it might be
> analysed for something I am missing to squash my current tentative,
> humbly held, theory that the validator is getting it wrong?

Hmmm, don't know, weird.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2009-12-05, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
>> In article<hfc3ot$ih0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
>> "Jonathan N. Little"<lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I can only reproduce the error if the "background: ...;" rule to the ";"
>>> in not on the same line.
>>
>> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/lookMaNoBreaks.html>
>>
>> returns the error.

That page passes validation.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author:
From: dorayme on
In article <7ntsj7F3nstn5U2(a)mid.individual.net>,
"Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-12-05, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> > dorayme wrote:

> >> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/lookMaNoBreaks.html>
> >>
> >> returns the error.
>
> That page passes validation.

Maybe it passes the HTML validation but not this one:

<http://dorayme.890m.com/justPics/sorrywefoundthefollowingerror.png>

--
dorayme