From: Mario Schwalbe on
Hi,

On 10.03.2010 15:24, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Acked in principle, but at this point it probably needs to be renamed
> and have the Kconfig entry updated if it's going to be used for other
> hardware. Does it actually work on non-nvidia Macs?

I assume you mean non-Nvidia chipset. Yes, it works, because the driver
uses the firmware interface. This is what Apple's Windows (bootcamp) drivers
do as well.

Tested using a simple program that writes the ports from userland.
And ack: it should probably be renamed to something more reasonable.
Something like apple_bl?

ciao,
Mario
From: Mario Schwalbe on
Hi,

On 10.03.2010 16:47, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:45:43PM +0100, Mario Schwalbe wrote:
>
>> Tested using a simple program that writes the ports from userland.
>> And ack: it should probably be renamed to something more reasonable.
>> Something like apple_bl?
>
> Sure. Want to do a patch for that and Kconfig? It probably wants a
> module alias line for backwards compatibility.

Why not? How should the module alias line look like?
MODULE_ALIAS("mbp_nvidia_bl");
Or prefixed with some subsystem identifier? I've never used it before.

Thanks & ciao,
Mario