From: Jayson King on
Hello, Con & LKML

I have started a backport of sched-bfs 300 to kernel 2.6.27.35. I
originally thought of two different ways to do it. Either pull in
mainline patches from .28 ~ .31 until bfs applies cleanly, or change bfs
enough to apply to .27 without needing many mainline patches. The latter
approach seemed to be cleaner. I started by comparing the .31 sched.c to
..27.35 sched.c and applied those backward changes to sched_bfs.c.

I did also apply 3 mainline patches to .27.35, because I couldn't decide
what to do about reverting the account_* functions which bfs changes.
These patches are 457533a7, 79741dd3, and f5f293a4.

The kernel compiles, but it panics:

Kernel alive
Kernel really alive
PANIC: early exception 0e rip 10:ffffffff810ad10b error 0 cr2 18.

There's no stack trace but that address is in __kmalloc.

Can you or others give a hint of what might be going wrong or what I can do?

I've attached the .27'ized patches mentioned above as well as the .27
sched-bfs patch. These patches apply to 2.6.27.35 in order:

linux-2.6.27-457533a7.patch
linux-2.6.27-79741dd3.patch
linux-2.6.27-f5f293a4.patch
2.6.27-sched-bfs-300.patch

Attached also is the .config file.

Thanks.

(if replying from LKML please CC replies to me)

Jayson

From: Jayson King on
Jayson King wrote:
> Attached also is the .config file.

That was the wrong .config, sorry. This is the correct .config file.

Jayson