From: jrl on
I have a SBS 2008 R2 setup, and Baseline Security Analyzer said I needed to
install the Windows Update Services 3.0 Sp2, so I download and run it. But
then it says "To start a new installation of Windows Server Update Services
3.0 Sp2, please exit the upgrade wizard, uninstall the previous version, and
run setup again"

How do I uninstall the previous version. What is the previous version of the
update service, and where would I go to uninstall it?

thanks, jrl

From: jrl on
Just wanted to add some basics. I have gone to the list of installed updates,
looking for an earlier version of Windows Server Update Services. However,
there is no update resembling this name.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[[ Right pew, wrong church. Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
convenience to OP.

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

In your newsreader:
]]

From: jrl on
Further research found that WSUS 3 is designed to be an 'in place' upgrade,
not requiring removal of the previous version. So why am I being asked to
remove the previous (non-existant) version?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[FWD to WSUS NG via crosspost]