From: Christoph Hellwig on
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:05:01PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> Properly initialize this backing dev info so that writeback code does not
> barf when getting to it e.g. via sb->s_bdi.

When do we actually get it in s_bdi? That should never happen.

From: Jan Kara on
On Tue 27-07-10 13:09:39, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 07:05:01PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> > Properly initialize this backing dev info so that writeback code does not
> > barf when getting to it e.g. via sb->s_bdi.
>
> When do we actually get it in s_bdi? That should never happen.
Well, set_anon_super() sets it. I'm not sure if filesystems using this
are supposed to reset it to something else or not... It's a bit messy and
nowhere is actually written how things should be. One can just guess ;)

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack(a)suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR