From: "Robert P. J. Day" on

i realize it sounds trivial but the online info is annoyingly
recursive. there's mime_content_type(), but it's officially
deprecated. there's getimagesize() but, as i read it, it's only good
for images and i'm going to want to categorize audio and video files.
finally, numerous people refer to the PECL FileInfo extension but, in
the same breath, admit that a lot of folks have problems with it so
you might want to drop back to the (deprecated) mime_content_type()
routine.

thoughts?

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
From: Per Jessen on
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>=20
> i realize it sounds trivial but the online info is annoyingly
> recursive. there's mime_content_type(), but it's officially
> deprecated.=20

On the manual page there is a reference to the Fileinfo PECL extension:=

http://php/manual/en/ref.fileinfo.php

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (9.1=C2=B0C)

From: tedd on
At 8:52 AM +0100 3/18/10, Per Jessen wrote:
>Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

>> i realize it sounds trivial but the online info is annoyingly
>> recursive. there's mime_content_type(), but it's officially
>> deprecated.
>
>On the manual page there is a reference to the Fileinfo PECL extension:
>
>http://php/manual/en/ref.fileinfo.php

Broken.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Per Jessen on
tedd wrote:

> At 8:52 AM +0100 3/18/10, Per Jessen wrote:
>>Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>

>>> i realize it sounds trivial but the online info is annoyingly
>>> recursive. there's mime_content_type(), but it's officially
>>> deprecated.
>>
>>On the manual page there is a reference to the Fileinfo PECL
>>extension:
>>
>>http://php/manual/en/ref.fileinfo.php
>=20
> Broken.

Sorry, that was a link to my local copy.=20

http://php.net/manual/en/ref.fileinfo.php

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (14.8=C2=B0C)