From: Pavel Machek on
On Fri 2010-03-12 10:07:04, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:

> > > Good tip. It seems that nobody ported driver for the voltage control
> > > chip ISL6271 from 2.4 kernel, and bootloader probably does not set
> > > correct values.

Are we sure about this one? If we have wrong voltages on various
parts, that kind-off explains it.

Would it be possible to measure (Voltmeter) difference between 2.4
kernel and 2.6 kernel?

Pavel

From: Pavel Machek on
On Mon 2010-03-08 12:48:36, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Cyril Hrubis wrote:
>
> > Well I've seen empty lines when editing file with vim
>
> And I have seen:
>
> - Unreproducible SIGSEGV of gcc (while Wi-Fi connection over CF card was
> running).
> - Unreproducible SIGSEGV of opkg (downloading via Wi-Fi connection over
> CF card).
> - Unreproducible SIGSEGV of rm (called from find command launched via
> ssh, networking via Wi-Fi connection over CF card).
> (Hint: Tasks above are HDD-intensive.)
> - Lost blocks while copying from CF to SD.
> - Lost blocks while copying from HDD to SD.
> - Lost blocks while copying from CF to USB flash stick.
> - And I see display noise while CF Wi-Fi card is active.
>
> These problems appear in all kernels, at least since 2.6.26.
>
> There is no note in the syslog.

Interesting, I get memory corruption leading to strange
behaviour. Sometimes echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches helps...
Pavel
From: Stanislav Brabec on
Pavel Machek p�e v Ne 21. 03. 2010 v 21:43 +0100:

> Are we sure about this one? If we have wrong voltages on various
> parts, that kind-off explains it.
>
> Would it be possible to measure (Voltmeter) difference between 2.4
> kernel and 2.6 kernel?

If you are ready to run Zaurus in dismantled state, then yes. Measure on
the upper pin of the large coil in the center of the
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/pcbt_uc.jpg image or on the testpoint
nearby (probably to the right).

Alternatively, it is possible to write a driver. It is just one byte
write and one byte read via I2C.

From: Pavel Machek on
On Sun 2010-03-21 22:42:33, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Pavel Machek píše v Ne 21. 03. 2010 v 21:43 +0100:

> > Are we sure about this one? If we have wrong voltages on various
> > parts, that kind-off explains it.
> >
> > Would it be possible to measure (Voltmeter) difference between 2.4
> > kernel and 2.6 kernel?
>
> If you are ready to run Zaurus in dismantled state, then yes. Measure on
> the upper pin of the large coil in the center of the
> http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/pcbt_uc.jpg image or on the testpoint
> nearby (probably to the right).

I'm not comfortable dismantling it :-(.

> Alternatively, it is possible to write a driver. It is just one byte
> write and one byte read via I2C.

Do you know what byte it is? That sounds easy enough...

But I have small problem now -- zaurus seems to work mostly fine
now. Does it depend on temperature, or what? Tried mtest,
nothing. Tried compiling kernel, ok... Will try few more times...

Pavel

From: Stanislav Brabec on
Pavel Machek wrote:

> > Alternatively, it is possible to write a driver. It is just one byte
> > write and one byte read via I2C.
>
> Do you know what byte it is? That sounds easy enough...

Yes, it should be easy driver. One byte address and then one byte write
or one byte read.

See the datasheet:
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/datasheets/power/XScale/ISL6271A.pdf

Page 11: address