From: Caroline on
Thank you Michael. Thought I'd lost my marbles!

Saved me loads of time chasing where these had come from.

M DF wrote:

black rectangles
16-Mar-10

The black rectangles show up whenever you hide a column in your table.
A bug in SSRS to my opinion.

What did the trick for me was setting the borders of the table to none.
And adding borders on textboxes were needed.

Greets,
Micha?l

On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:11 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

black rectangles appearing in PDF
I have suddenly started getting black rectangles appearing on the right hand
side of PDF output.

There are no rectangles or other objects in this area of the report.

Is this a known bug?

On Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:31 AM
Amarnat wrote:

By any chance, have you included column 2 as well, and a border, then you will
By any chance, have you included column 2 as well, and a border, then you
will get this rectangles. check in the properties for column and the border
line for left,right etc... Just to make sure you have not done these things.

Amarnath

"adolf garlic" wrote:

On Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:11 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

Just to add, the rectangle is solid black and is the same height as the table
Just to add, the rectangle is solid black and is the same height as the table
appearing in the report.

I took a copy of the report, deleted the table and the problem went away,
but now I don't have a table...

If I move the table up and down and redeploy, recreate PDF the black
rectangle moves up and down, always in line with the table.

If I move the table left and right, the size of the rectangle changes, when
the table is pushed right up against the right hand side of the body the
rectangle disappears.

The table has dynamically hidden columns based on whether or not there is
data to show. The black rectangle has not previously been a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "have you included column 2". The report has
more than 2 columns but there is only one table present. There are no other
hidden or other objects to the right of the table.

"Amarnath" wrote:

On Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:22 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

The size/position of the black rectangle istop of the rectangle is level with
The size/position of the black rectangle is

top of the rectangle is level with the top of the table
bottom of the rectangle is level with the bottom of the table

right hand side of the rectangle is level with the right hand margin
left hand side starts where the table ends in the designer, where all
columns appear and none are hidden)

e.g.
M M
MTTTTTTTTTTTHHHBBBM
MTTTTTTTTTTTHHHBBBM
MTTTTTTTTTTTHHHBBBM
M M

where M is margin, T is table, H is hidden table, B is bloody annoying black
rectangle

I am using vs2005 sp1

"adolf garlic" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:48 AM
M DF wrote:

black rectangles
The black rectangles show up whenever you hide a column in your table.
A bug in SSRS to my opinion.

What did the trick for me was setting the borders of the table to none.
And adding borders on textboxes were needed.

Greets,
Micha?l

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ef583104-e507-491d-b05f-49faac8854c8/wpf-binding-beyond-the-li.aspx