From: Heather on
I am taking a very large database that has 2008 data and I need to empty it
to put in 2009 data. I saved as, went in and deleted the rows in the tables.
But now my form is a blank page when in form view. If I go to design view,
it's all there.

Help, this is driving me crazy.
Thank you. Heather
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
You've based your form on a non-updateable query. If you had records in the
underlying tables, you'd see data. The only remedy is to change the query to
make it updateable.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: golfinray on
The only reason a form has no data is because there IS no data. Have you
inserted the 2009 data? Have you checked the recordsource of the form to be
sure it is on the correct table/query? Do you have any filters set? Have you
checked that the form and the form properties are enabled? Does your
table/query work properly?
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: Heather on
How do I make the query updateable?

I need a form to show up with no data in it so that I can have a paper form
for the bridge inspectors to fill out in the field and then come back and
enter in the data. The problem is, is that Access won't let me print a blank
data form. I had to put an * in two of the fields for the form to come up so
I can print a paper form for the bridge inspectors.

Heather

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:52:01 -0700, Heather
<Heather(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I make the query updateable?
>
>I need a form to show up with no data in it so that I can have a paper form
>for the bridge inspectors to fill out in the field and then come back and
>enter in the data. The problem is, is that Access won't let me print a blank
>data form. I had to put an * in two of the fields for the form to come up so
>I can print a paper form for the bridge inspectors.

The word "Form" is a bit ambiguous here!

It can mean a sheet of paper that someone writes on.
It can also mean a sophisticated data entry toolbox in an Access database.

The two usages are different, and have apparently misled you! I'd suggest
designing the form so it's bound to the needed tables, perhaps with one or
more subforms, combo boxes, and so on to make data entry easier; you can make
a screen capture of it and edit this *image of the form* to get something to
print out for the manual data entry. They should be similar enough that the
person reading the paper and typing on the keyboard finds it easy to use, but
they need not be identical!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]