From: Christoph Hellwig on
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 08:33:07PM +0300, Dmitry Monakhov wrote:
> Not all implementations require discard bio to be filled with one-sector
> sized payload. Let's allocate payload only when necessary.

Neither this nor the next one are really needed as I have some patches
pending to move the payload allocation into the low level drivers.

From: Dmitry Monakhov on
Christoph Hellwig <hch(a)infradead.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 08:33:07PM +0300, Dmitry Monakhov wrote:
>> Not all implementations require discard bio to be filled with one-sector
>> sized payload. Let's allocate payload only when necessary.
>
> Neither this nor the next one are really needed as I have some patches
> pending to move the payload allocation into the low level drivers.
Ok good to know. As soon as i understand on low level you know how
many memory you actually need to store a request range.
BTW Do you know any drivers which max_discard_sectors contains some
restricted value? Because my 5'th patch was aimed to optimize the case
where discard request must being spitted to several bio-s.