From: Unknown on
You of course mean dongle 'receiver' rather than transmitter.?

From: Ove on

Thank you Mr Joe/Elmo

I didn´t understand what I was reading. Now I know the mouse is not
complete, the USB plug is missing. My misconception, my fault. I´ll simply
buy a new mouse. I learned. Thanks for the thorough replies.

/Ove, Stockholm

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
>On Feb 15, 12:12 am, Ove <O...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I have an Acer Aspire One netbook with XP and service pack 3 installed. I am
>> trying to install a mouse (Labtec wireless optical mouse plus). Labtec info
>> says: This product does not require any software. Please use the operating
>> system's native device drivers.
>>
>> I suppose the mouse needs bluetooth. I click Start – Controlpanel, but there
>> is no bluetooth icon.

If it says it works without drivers, then either it does not use
bluetooth, or if it does, this should be transparent, because the
receiver half of the mouse will make it appear as a normal (almost
certainly USB) mouse. (Does the Aspire One _have_ bluetooth?)

You have plugged in the receiver that came with the mouse, haven't you?
This is a small object like a thumb drive (assuming it's USB); sometimes
it's stored for convenience under or in a compartment within the mouse
itself.

Another possibility is that the mouse and the receiver need "pairing",
or similar phrase: this usually involves pressing a button on the
receiver and the mouse at the same time, or something like that. (Not
one of the main buttons - it's usually a little round or square button,
recessed underneath or something.) See the box/instructions for the
mouse.

(Finally, I assume the mouse has a good cell in it, or if it's sealed
rechargeable, has been charged. Does it light up [more] when you move
it?)

>> I have also tried to click (attempted translation from Swedish) Start –
>> Control panel – Add new machine ware. The list presented does not contain a

It _shouldn't_ be necessary, it should autodetect a mouse.
[]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's
the part that I do understand." - Mark Twain
From: Tim Meddick on
John,
If you were keeping up with the conversation, you would have read "Ove"'s
last post (15-Feb-2010) admitting to us that the mouse is "incomplete", in that the
dongle is missing...

==