From: Pierkes on
Hi,

I have made an access application in which i use the standard switchboard
utility access provides.

However, when you want to use more categories it does not work properly.
I would like to be able to make an outlook like menu on the left hand side
of the screen and then have the forms/reports etc. appear on the right side.

The menu should have the subsections

main
- form 1
- form 2
- form 3
reports
- R1
- R2
- R3
- R4
- R5
- R6
- R7
- R8
maintanance
- form 1
- form 2
- form 3
- form 4
- form 5
- form 6

I can make a form with all these items on the left hand side but i would
like to;
- when the menu opens i only want to see the 3 items " Main" , " Reports"
and " Maintanance"
- When i then click on " Reports" i would like this section to " open up" so
i can thoose a report.
Can anyone please let me know if there is an easy (and free) way to do this
?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre

From: Al Campagna on
Pierkes,
Make your own menu forms.
Place your own buttons on the form, and program them to open a form,
or a report.
Use buttons to hide or show other buttons or button groups, as you
desire.
--
hth
Al Campagna

From: Pierkes on
Hi,

thanks for your reply and that is exactly what i wanted to do but....
- how do i create an " outlook" type sidebar ?

Thanks,
Pierre

From: Peter Hibbs on
Pierre,

You could use a Flex Grid control to do this. Have a look at the Flex
Grid Demo at :-

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

for some examples including a menu system which is similar to your
request. You will need to write some VBA code to do this
though.

HTH.

Peter Hibbs.

On Tue, 25 May 2010 12:38:03 +0200, "Pierkes" <info(a)advisearch.nl>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have made an access application in which i use the standard switchboard
>utility access provides.
>
>However, when you want to use more categories it does not work properly.
>I would like to be able to make an outlook like menu on the left hand side
>of the screen and then have the forms/reports etc. appear on the right side.
>
>The menu should have the subsections
>
>main
> - form 1
> - form 2
> - form 3
>reports
> - R1
> - R2
> - R3
> - R4
> - R5
> - R6
> - R7
> - R8
>maintanance
> - form 1
> - form 2
> - form 3
> - form 4
> - form 5
> - form 6
>
>I can make a form with all these items on the left hand side but i would
>like to;
>- when the menu opens i only want to see the 3 items " Main" , " Reports"
>and " Maintanance"
>- When i then click on " Reports" i would like this section to " open up" so
>i can thoose a report.
>Can anyone please let me know if there is an easy (and free) way to do this
>?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Pierre

Pages: 1