From: Andreas Waldenburger on
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:42:12 -0800 (PST) vsoler
<vicente.soler(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, I suppose I am the OP. Since I am not an native English
> speaking person, I do not know what it stands for. Perhaps you can
> tell me.

Perhaps you can find out yourself:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=op

/W

--
INVALID? DE!

From: Steve Holden on
Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:42:12 -0800 (PST) vsoler
> <vicente.soler(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By the way, I suppose I am the OP. Since I am not an native English
>> speaking person, I do not know what it stands for. Perhaps you can
>> tell me.
>>
> Perhaps you can find out yourself:
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=op

Possibly so, and that's a useful site, but I hope you aren't suggesting
that Vicente shouldn't have asked. It seemed like a perfectly acceptable
question to me.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pycon.blip.tv/

From: Andreas Waldenburger on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:36:55 -0400 Steve Holden <steve(a)holdenweb.com>
wrote:

> Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:42:12 -0800 (PST) vsoler
> > <vicente.soler(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> By the way, I suppose I am the OP. Since I am not an native English
> >> speaking person, I do not know what it stands for. Perhaps you can
> >> tell me.
> >>
> > Perhaps you can find out yourself:
> >
> > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=op
> >
> Possibly so, and that's a useful site, but I hope you aren't
> suggesting that Vicente shouldn't have asked. It seemed like a
> perfectly acceptable question to me.

I was a bit trigger happy there, I admit. But with vocabulary questions
like these, my first reflex is to ask the web rather than people,
because it's usually quicker than Usenet (albeit often only by a minute
or so). I somehow felt the need to bestow that bit of "wisdom" on the
world.

But yeah, the question is fine, of course.

/W

--
INVALID? DE!